Tips for Sinus Sufferers
Our team of specialists and staff believe that informed patients are better equipped to make decisions regarding their health and well being. For your personal use, we have created an extensive patient library covering an array of educational topics. Browse through these diagnoses and treatments to learn more about topics of interest to you. Or, for a more comprehensive search of our entire Web site, enter your term(s) in the search bar provided. For additional medical information, click on link at bottom to American Academy of Otolaryngology.
As always, you can contact our office to answer any questions or concerns.
Symptoms Of Sinusitis:
- Symptoms of upper respiratory infection lasting ten days or more
- Facial pressure or pain
- Nasal discharge that is yellow or green
- Post-nasal drip
At-Home Treatments For Sinusitis:
- Saline nasal sprays that moisturize the nasal cavity, reduce dryness, and help clear thick or crusty mucus
- Humidification (moisturizing the air) of living spaces in dry climates will aid the movement of mucus through the sinuses
A Physician Visit For Your Sinus Pain Will:
- Determine if you have an infection requiring an appropriate antibiotic treatment
- Discover if you require intensive medical treatment for a condition such as a nasal obstructions, necessitating sinus surgery